Tuesday 1 July 2014

Why can't I fall in love?

Anonymous says
Ok so the past year and a half I have had 2 boyfriends one boy was the same age as me 17, and he was kind of my first love and I knew I loved him he was also my longest relationship.
 

After him I met a few other boys and I never really liked any of them but then I m et a boy called Matt so I when on a few dates with him and after a few weeks we made it official but I just wasn't getting any feelings for him at all! So I eventually broke up with him.
 

I'm currently seeing a boy who on paper is everything I like in boys but after a few dates there's just nothing there!
It just seems like I don't ever get feelings for people and the only person I had feelings for is my first love! Who broke my heart!:(

WHYYY is this happening?! 


Woah there! Slow down! There's nothing wrong with you except your expectations of both love and yourself.

Love just doesn't obey simple rules like compatibility and suitability. You can't cook it up like a recipe! I know people talk about finding love, but what really happens is love finds YOU in its own sweet time. You can't rush it, summon it, or create it. It arrives itself unannounced.

It's no bad thing, especially as a teen, not to fall in love too easily - it means you won't end up with some moron. Get on with other aspects of your life like finding the right career for you, and love will call on YOU sooner or later.

Btw no reason you can't carry on dating in the meantime if you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment