Tuesday 1 July 2014

Should I settle for my ex-girlfiend?

Nicholas says:
I'm 19 and in college. My ex recently came back like two months ago and she wants us to be together again because last time we broke up because I thought she and I could do better (two years back.) anyways, I was told when you truly love someone you love everything about them including their flaws.. But the thing is her flaws disturb me. At the same time I don't think I can do better. I've had girls talk about me and such but my social skills are below zero. So should I just try to build up my confidence and social skills and speak to new people or should I just accept her for who she is and just go with it.

Not unusual for a 19 year old, you have self-esteem issues and are worried that this girl is the best you're going to get. To quote Madonna's song Respect Yourself - "Second best is never enough, you'll do much better baby on your own!" This is good advice. There is someone for everyone. Hold out for her, whoever and whenever she turns out to be and don't go with someone who you're not completely comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment