Tuesday 1 July 2014

I've upset my girlfriend!

I’m 19, my GF is 19, and we’re 6 years in. We live together as well. Even after all these years she’s very loving, sweet, and downright playful. I’m not a misogynist or a chauvinist( if I were how could I keep a GF for 6 years). I like to think of myself as a respectful guy and I am. Anyway, last night she decided to play “ What do you like about your boyfriend/girlfriend. When my joke went awry.
Her: Your smile
Me: Your eyes
Her: Sensitivity
Me: Your legs
Her: Big heart
Me: Pouty soft lips
Her: tenderness
Me: Your impressive rack * laughs *
Her: excuse me?
Me: What can I say? Your boobs are wonderful
Her: You’re unbelievably shallow. I have more than just a body you know. I have a brain. Everything you said was about my body
Me: Sorry if I hurt your feelings
Her: I’m not forgetting this just because you’re sorry. Tonight you can sleep at the zoo with the other mindless apes
Me: I’m really sorry. If it helps, say something about me.
Her: No, It’s rude and I don’t like hurting people’s feelings like you do.
Me: Sweetie, I…
Her: Leave me alone

She locked herself in her room crying and hasn’t spoken to me. Best way to apologize? 


You were being a typical guy! However you need to realize that most girls want to be appreciated for things other than their wibbly-wobbly bits.

It doesn't sound like you like her just because she is physically attractive, and it's these other things she wants to hear. Strong relationships stay together because each one finds qualities in the other they deeply respect and admire. My wife for example is phenomenally loving and patient with me, and she never bears a grudge about my past behaviour. These are the things I compliment her with.

A few non-physical compliments and a bunch of flowers will hopefully do the trick. By the way my wife has fabulous **** too, but she knows that I don't just love her for those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment