Thursday 10 July 2014

I am 16 and confused!

Brian says:
I'm a 16 year old guy. I go to a private high school. It's summer. I lied to my friends and said my Xbox membership expired. That's how we communicate in the summer months. Play games together. Someone's their toxic, sometimes their friendly. I've considered leaving that school for personal reasons like lack of progression in academics and bullying. It's just not the right school I don't think. 

I've thought about online school. I went to a youth group today at a church. All alone. Very brave of me really. Tagged along with some other teenagers. Didn't get to talk as much as I would have liked to. More about the service than making friends unfortunately. Not sure if I'm gonna go back. It's every Wednesday and Saturday. 

The kids were mostly friendly, this girl I met seemed to like me. Which is really cool. I just wanted to try a new environment with all new people. I'm just lost in general. Thinking what if I left my school. Kept this youth group going. Got a job. Lots of uncertainty. I'm just not feeling a return to that place. I'm also in an experimental period. I wanting to use a new name,etc. 

You may be comforted to know that a common symptom of being 16 is having no idea what you're doing. You probably won't ever be ABSOLUTELY sure what you're doing, because most adults aren't!

You can start making it clearer though by thinking about what you really want. If you had the perfect life, how would it make you feel? Think also about what can make you feel that way now, what you're good at and what a perfect life would look like. Once you know where you want to go, you can start working towards it, and the decisions need to make now can be made with that purpose in mind.

And don't be put off if what you want seems impossible! Just want it REAL BAD. When you're focused on what you want, rather than what you don't, it comes nearer. If you shoot for the stars, at the very least you'll reach the moon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment