Thursday 3 July 2014

Am I being exploited?

John says:
First off, no I'm not materialistic. So I've been with this girl for about three months. She was also the person I took to prom. Even on prom, I saw the only person at the prom that didn't receive the male version of a corsage. So far I've taking her shopping a couple of times and I've taken her place multiple times. I've spent about 500 dollars on her (we're only 18) compared to her 40 or below, which she paid for food or movie tickets. However, she took her friend out shopping and to the movies on multiple occasions. 

She's made me promises but failed to deliver. In the end, I just want a 50/50 relationship when it comes to spending as well. She always talks about how she'll pay for her friend to go do this and that, but never does this for me. I know three months is not long, but it's long enough to recieve SOMETHING, even a card or something homemade. It's the thought that counts. 

She has tons of stuff I have bought her. I even have her a tv cause she didn't have one. She can make a little wardrobe with the stuff I've bought her. I believe to not fair and I'm not taking her anywhere or buying her anything else. She's a sweet girl, we both have plans for the future looks, we both have jobs, so as a person, she's cool. But she always blows her money on everything but me. Then im the one paying for all our get-togethers. I hate feeling used and abused.I have money, but I work hard for it.I can buy my own stuff, But again, it's the thought that counts.

You seem to be wanting confirmation for what you already know - that you're being taken for a ride. I'm happy to give you that confirmation. You're not imagining it - you ARE being exploited. Dump her right now, and put it down to experience. Next time you're being exploited, don't leave it so long before acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment