Thursday 19 June 2014

I'm having a really bad time at school

Aravind says:
I am an introvert, can't say no. I can't make 'good' friends. Those people often ditch me and find new friends, some don't even care to listen when i say something to them, I don't know why. I don't have true friend at school and the people in my neighborhood too are either too old or too young for my age.Today was one one the worst days of my school life. People don't care for me, but the biggest blow was that one of my 'few' friends, whom I chatted with , shared lunch and basically everything betrayed me. In the English period, he rubbed my homework and told the teacher that I did not do it. 

One 'bad' guy was with him, he too told the same, I could not convince the teacher and was punished. I it was just the bad guy, I could hold on, but knowing that one of my friends betrayed me haunted me this whole day. That day, all but for a few of my best of friend talked to me, the others just ignored me. I am very emotionally unbalanced, but held on till now. I feel like crying, I am very shy and so cant make good friends. The friend who betrayed me often copied on tests and did his homework in school, I have not complained, even if the baddest of the guys did the same, but he betrayed me,and that is unbearable. I am heartbroken , Please help me. 

School is not the best experience for a lot of people, and for some it can be hell.

The first question you must ask is - do you wish to survive this? If you do then you must begin by telling yourself that you are determined to get through it.

To survive it you must break down your experience into chunks and get through one minute at a time, and instead of thinking about it all at once, deal with one problem at a time. Every bad experience is a lesson from which you can learn. Learn the lesson well and put it to use.

For example, how was that person able to access your homework and delete it? You must now take steps to ensure that no one can access your work, and if you can have a stored digital backup. Next, now you know that this friend was never a friend in the first place. You have now learned this and that some people let you down. However they can only let you down ONCE. You will now never trust that person again. By experience we learn who our true friends are by what they do.

Next, you still have some friends left. These are really all you need. You do not need to be Mr Popular, just a few people you can get on with at some point in your day. Grow these friendships by kindness, generosity and taking a genuine interest in them, which means lots of listening.

Do these things and life will be at least bearable. Do not let others know how unhappy you are as pupils at school are cruel and ruthless, and are happy to put you down to make themselves feel great. Wear a grin as often as possible. And finally, learn how to defend yourself and be fully prepared to be hurt in a fight rather than let yourself be bullied.

You can and will get through this. If I made it, so can you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment