Wednesday 21 May 2014

Is my friend a bad friend?

SuzieBelle says:
My best friend and I have been friends for about 5 years. She's a huge princess, her parents give her everything she wants and shes very disrespectful towards them- it makes me extremely uncomfortable. I dont think shes ever been told 'no' to in her life. Almost always when we hang out, we do what she wants. She can be very patronising- ie, she often corrects my mistakes to make me feel stupid. 

She is also extremely attached/ addicted to her phone. When we're alone together, she is almost constantly on facebook or snapchat. She isnt really like this when other people are around. She says its because were 'so close' that she can just be on her phone or laptop and not talk to me without it being weird. Sometimes when I make conversation with her, she'll act really disinterested and just be on her phone, whereas when she speaks to me i try to give her my undivided attention. 

I don't know what to do anymore... I've thought this for a long time but I don't really have many friends and I know I'd miss having someone around all the time if i "broke up with her". What should I do/ how should I talk to her about this?


You have a very confused idea of what a friend is. I'm sorry to tell you that your "friend" is not a friend at all, just someone you hang with. The benefits of her company are outweighed by the fact that she offers you no support and loyalty at all. You really could do better than this. Look out for people who are more appreciative of the generosity you offer and return it - they will ultimately become your true friends. Show a little courage and self-respect and ditch this deadweight  

No comments:

Post a Comment