Tuesday 18 February 2014

What's my next move?

Alan says:
Well let's get a few things out of the way first.
I have just recently gotten out of a 4 year relationship. The relationship has been dead for a while before we broke up however so that's not really an issue.

She also just got out of a major relationship, although she's been single for a little longer than I.

We are coworkers. Again not really an issue

I am 22 she is 19


Now on to the good part. So we work together at a bowling alley. She works at the counter, and I attend the lanes. As such I have the freedom to go around and talk to whosoever I please, but I almost always gravitate towards her on days we work together. We Always seem to have fun talking to each other and shes always quick to tell me the latest happenings, be they work related or not. I've known her for about a year and always had somewhat of an attraction to her but never thought anything of it as we were both in relationships. Not sure if I like her or I just don't want to be single. I haven't done this in 4 years!


There's a simple test to decide whether to go any further. If she suddenly moved away, how would you feel? If you would just shrug your shoulders and move on, clearly there's not much above the physical going on. If on the other extreme, you were gutted, maybe you should ask her out while you still can.

If you really don't know what you want, then the kindest thing to do is not lead her on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment