Tuesday 11 February 2014

Time to end it

Jane says:
My friend Jay(friend for a year) and I have been arguing a lot about little things and its really annoying me. The last thing I want to do is fight with a friend but it just keeps getting worst. I have tried to be nothing but nice to him but at this point I no longer wish to be his friend cause Im over it. Last week he claimed Im never nice to him and I dont care about him. So I asked him to provide an example(like always) he dismissed the conversation and changed the conversation even though he brought it. Toward the end of the conversation we both agreed to be a little more nicer toward one another. Two night ago I made a suggest(being nice) and he just came out of nowhere saying"I DONT CARE".Which made me stop talking to him because I can only be nice for so long. Im over the constant arguing over little things. I just blocked his number because I was so mad that I didnt want to say anything hurtful. Before that we argued back to back because he says I never call him. Anytime I tell him to call me its always" I dont call you cause you never call me". Then he claim I never ask him to hangout and he ALWAYS ask me to hangout with him. I never ask him to hang out cause he makes excuses as to why he cant come. "I need a better car""My car is unsafe to drive". Excuses!
Before in the beginning we would never fight. So Im really confused as to where this all came from. We'll be having a normal conversation and hell just turn it into an argument and I'll just stop talking cause I hate fighting. Months ago he told me he liked me and I asked him why dont you just ask me out he said "Im too chicken. I said "Oh well" because what am I suppose to do. Hes telling me he likes me just to do nothing about it. Then he said "whatever cause I need to get my car fix cause no female want to ride around in a beat up car with some guy" That car issue is his problem I never said I never wanted to be with him because of some car.Months after that he asked me if I "liked him yet?" I said "I did" because at one point I did but after year of it going nowhere I gave up on that months ago. I tried to be his friend but this arguing all the time is really annoying me. Any time he talks to me about a girl I tell him to date her so maybe our relationship would be better.

I dont know what I should do I would rather just ignore him till he gets that I no longer want to be his friend then telling him I no longer want to be his friend cause its easier. 


You can just let things "die a death" and since the relationship clearly hasn't been working, he ought to get the message. I think that's an acceptable thing to do. That said, the noblest most honorable way would be to say something like "I really do wish you every happiness but I can't see you anymore - it isn't working and just upsets me - I'll remember the good times but let's move on"

Well done for having the courage to see it's over - it's all life-lessons that will serve you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment