Thursday 13 February 2014

Should we stay or should we go?

Jessica says:
I'm 20 and my sis is 19. Were Muslim but we want to move out together before marriage. our parents are fine with it. We want to be independent. We are also close and always dreamed about having our own apartment. we also have our own reason. I live with my dad and she lives with my mother. I want to also move away bc he is a bit controlling. My sister wants to also move away bc she and my mom fight a lot. My mother always kicks her out. She always complains my sister is wasting her money bc she doesn't have a job and my mom pays for her. My sister also doesn't want to live paycheck to paycheck and not have any food. My mother always blows her money on stupid stuff. I also think my sister should move out bc my mother is a bad Influence. She drinks, parties and sleeps with guys even married ones. She smokes around my sister even though my sister tells her not to. She also lets my sister do whatever she wants. Even if it's inappropriate. the thing is I feel guilty for moving because our family are against it bc it is haram also I don't want to go against our religion. I'm scared of what others who are Muslim will think. also I feel like my sis and I could just put up with it. I feel like were making excuses. For example even though my dad is controlling I should be able to live with it bc every one who's parents are Muslim and strict deal with it yet they still live with their parents. As for my sister she could just get a job and help around the house more. I feel guilty bc I feel like my sister is moving out bc of me and Its like I'm making her go against her religion. She says she want to move to prove she can save her money and not be like my mom. But again I feel like ppl will say why can't she just get a job and help out instead of move. I think it will be good for my sister on the other hand bc it will force her to be independent. She just lays around at home and does nothing. Should we move out or stay?
By pay check to pay check I meant my moms.  



I can understand why you both want to set up home together. It would certainly suit your sister but I'm not that sure it would suit you - you may be going from the frying pan into the fire! You are a devout young woman of faith but your sister is perhaps not as much as you. Living with a close friend or relative is like all the responsibilities of marriage with none of the privileges!

I don't think what anyone else thinks is the main issue - the issue is, can you live with your sister? I am not a muslim, but I know several who are, and they tell me that Allah speaks to them through their intuition. Perhaps then you ought to trust your intuition, and obey what your heart tells you. Don't go from one bad situation to another if that's what that Inner Voice says.

No comments:

Post a Comment