Thursday 13 February 2014

Am I too paranoid about my boyfriend?

Lee says:
I saw that my boyfriend who I trust messages his ex gf on Facebook. The messages were casual he wanted to show her the music he's making. He messaged her first though and they haven't talked in like a year; she lives cross the country but I think she's getting ideas... I got pissed at him and he said it meant nothing and he just saw her on chat and was seeing how things were going. I kept saying it was disrespectful no matter how casual it was and he felt bad and cried. 

Were my wife writing this, she would have absolutely no hesitation about this! Under no circumstances whatsoever would she tolerate me fraternizing with exes, and to be fair she wants nothing to do with her own either.
I think this is probably best. So long as you don't fraternize with your own exes, that seems fair enough to me. I would tell him that you were sorry you hurt him but the deal is that if you're together, exes from either side have no part in your lives, in return for your 100% commitment to him. If he wants to be with you he will accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment