Friday 24 January 2014

No one on Facebook responds to me

Brooke says:
I've grown tired of it. I've been spied on by co-workers who told my boss about things I've posted. Out of the now 39 "friends" I have NO ONE writes on my wall or comments or likes unless I make a perverted post or an immature post. I want to be free from social media. Here's the thing, I've made a fb account about 6 times because each time I think it'll be different, but it never is. I comment on others and like others stuff, even pm them and they ignore me. I'm done. I feel that once I break free I will find the me I abandoned the moment I decided to join the social media (data collector, like sucking, life ruining) website we call Facebook. What should I say? I only care to tell the people I know from church that I'm leaving because they would care the most but I want a status for everyone to see. Not for attention, just to let them know. 

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. You are going onto Facebook EXPECTING people to like you. If you're looking to form relationships, Facebook isn't the quickest way. You would be better off on forums of common interest, where people share your passions and beliefs. You will find people you relate to and who click with you very soon.

Facebook and Twitter are better used as "shop windows" where you can express your views and opinions, and share the odd joke with the world. It's always nice to get feedback but don't expect to generate instant fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment