Tuesday 28 January 2014

How can I make my parents realize?

Jen says:
I'm struggling - i am me and yet not fully myself because my parents always said I should be this, that, whatever! I'mm sick of it because its not me! I'm trying to convince them that I might be this or that, but they are always all "no, no, no, bad idea"! I don't want what they want me to be! I want to be who I wanna be - I feel like I'm a prisoner! I've always felt like this since I was a little girl.
Now I'm starting to open myself more. I'm in my second year in college and coming home twice a year. Please help! 


Speaking as one who is estranged from his parents I know how you feel. Your not imagining it, your parents ARE being unreasonable. They should love you and support you from who you are and who you want to be. Unfortunately you cannot make your parents realize, you can only go on doing your thing and hope that one day your parents accept it. And if they never do, you still did the right thing. You must always be true to yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment