Wednesday 22 January 2014

His parents disapprove

Angel says:
I'm a white girl dating a punjabi guy. We have been together more than 3 years. Lived together almost 2 of those years. We never argue, when we're together we're happy. We've talked about marriage and children but his parents 100% do not approve. Without their blessing we will have to end our relationship at some point in the near future. He has my name tattooed on his chest. And I carry him deep inside my heart. He can't hurt his mom, and I don't want him to have to choose between them and me. Is there some advice anyone can give? He and I have both cried and hurt so much over what to do in this situation. The only reason they give that they do not approve is that I'm white. He was married before to an indian woman ( they didn't approve of her either) and that ended in divorce. His sister married the one she loved, but he is now expected to marry someone that he has never met. He has tried so many times to talk to them, but they end up cursing him. Should I call them instead? 


This is an all-too familiar-story. There is nothing you can do to change his parent's mind. Your boyfriend has a very painful choice indeed - you or them. Either way there will be a very high price. Unfortunately love doesn't always conform to family values and priorities. I feel desperately sad for you but this is out of your hands - your boyfriend will have to choose. I have known couples like you have to flee for their lives and assume new identities elsewhere, so if he does choose you, the cost would be high for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment